Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals – Payroll Assurance scheme
The Payroll Assurance Scheme is the prestigious gold standard for both people and payroll processes and is the much-coveted award in the payroll industry.
As the only voluntary accreditation on the market to be developed in partnership with HMRC, the scheme is designed to identify risks to a business arising from skills gaps or inadequate processes and is a huge accolade for payroll staff, once accreditation has been achieved.
Examining over 100 facets of the payroll operation, the scheme is consistently evolving with the help of CIPP’s policy and research team, who are at the forefront of any changes to the payroll industry, you can be assured you are gaining a high quality, much sought after accreditation.
LivePay have held Payroll Assurance Scheme approval since October 2022
See our accreditation here.
Pay.UK Ltd – BACS Approved Bureaux Scheme
Bacs approved bureaux are organisations that submit Bacs and Faster Payment transactions on behalf of third party organisations.
The Third Party Assurance team at Pay.UK review the appropriateness of all bureaux to ensure they meet the required standards.
Over half of the organisations making Direct Debit, Bacs Direct Credit and Faster Payment submissions do so through approved bureaux, rather than submitting directly.
Organisations choose to use a Bacs approved bureau for a number of reasons:
- They may only make a small number of transactions each month
- They might be unable to fulfil all of the criteria to be able to make direct submissions themselves via the Bacs Payment System and the Faster Payment System
- They may be a newly-established organisation
- They might be a small to medium sized enterprise (SME) with a relatively low turnover.
LivePay was one of the first BACS Approved Bureaux in the UK, achieving accreditation in 1994 and has held it ever since then. See our accreditation here.
Association of Bureau Managers
LivePay is a founding member of the Association of Bureau Managers, this allows us to work within the industry to help shape the future of the payroll profession. It is important for LivePay to engage within the payroll space to make the industry a more robust place to operate with high standards of professionalism between providers.
The purpose of the Association is:
- to support the growth of today’s bureau managers and the development of tomorrows
- to facilitate the exchange of knowledge through networking, collaboration, and in-person events
- to represent bureau managers and their unique role within and beyond the payroll profession
- to promote the highest professional and ethical standards for its membership
HMRC recognised software
HMRC undertakes an annual review of approved software vendors as part of the update to legislation that is introduced with each tax year. See our accreditation here.
Hellios – Financial Services Qualifications System (FSQS)
Hellios’ expert team of validators check all information that is submitted against strict guidelines set by the buyer members of the community and work with each supplier to ensure the information is as accurate as possible before being published on the FSQS system.
Once published, buyer members can access the supplier’s information securely and use in searches, reports and graphical dashboards to help manage the due diligence and compliance process.